Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Look Up, Look Within & Create Your Life



Sometimes, I get fixated on the minutia of my life. It can be difficult to see what is truly important. I get caught up in what she said, or what she did, or why someone did something. A relationship ends and the heartache that goes along with that. Family fighting over things they know nothing about. The desire to detach and leave the world and all its issues behind, numbing myself by watching TV and eating food that doesn't nourish my soul.

But then, like a glorious butterfly that has decided to land in your path or the hummingbird that stops just outside your window, seeming to stare at you and tell you... there is more. There is always more beauty. You just have to stop, look up from whatever has your attention and see the beauty in the world. Not just the devastation, anger, and darkness in the world but really take the time to see the beauty, light and love in the world. I have come to the realization that I create from all of these spaces. I do not just create from one extreme. I need the moments of darkness to make me appreciate the moments of lightness. I need it all. So does the world. There is not good and evil and they are polar opposites. There is good and evil and they balance each other. There is no right and wrong. There is only what is, and what is in that moment is a choice of which we will choose. Not struggle against. Just choose. And when others are not choosing what we perceive in right, we are not giving them the opportunity to find their place and their voice in the world.

I am constantly getting the opportunity, as are we all, to grow, to make choices for how I want to show up in my life. Sometimes those choices are not the best for me, and other times they are great choices for myself. I have come to realize that I need both. There is no such thing as a perfect person that makes perfect choices for themselves all the time. I am a truly warm, loving person who wants to share and express that warmth and love. I can also be cold in contrast to my warmth. This is when I am fixated on the minutia. This I know about myself now, and I also know those times are needed for my contrast and to feed by creativity as well.

This is all coming together for me, thank you for listening to my journey and coming along for the ride.

No comments: