Thursday, July 28, 2016

With Friends like these...



We all have our issues. Even our friends are not perfect friends to us, just as we are far from being perfect friends in return. However, there are those moments when you think to yourself... what would I do without them.

There have been two things this week that have touched me deeply. The first thing happened when my friend Kelly snagged a small oyster fork for me from a local restaurant because I thought it was cute and commented that I really wanted to take one home. The next thing I know she is handing it to me in the parking lot. Yes, taking things is wrong, but in the name of friendship it was a very sweet gesture and made me feel very loved.

The second thing that happened is that my friend Katie when I was a bit down yesterday turned on one of my favorite songs. Nelly Furtado's Say It Right and immediately followed it up with INXS New Sensation. It instantly made me feel loved and that she really knew me and what would make me smile. And I did! From ear to ear.

This week I have been blessed with the reminder that I need to step up and show up for myself even more as my own best friend.

No comments: